Construction Power Substations Development Plan
As the Construction Power Works Contractor, Beon Energy Solutions has prepared a draft Development Plan which covers the scope and impacts of works to construct temporary substations to power the tunnel boring machines required to build the Metro Tunnel Project.
These works are required ahead of major construction on the Metro Tunnel and are anticipated to be delivered between September 2017 and March 2018.
- construction of two temporary power substations – one at Arden (south of Barwise Street) and one at Domain (on Edmund Herring Oval)
- access, security and fencing for each substation
- tree protection
- connecting the temporary power substations to existing power assets
- traffic management to facilitate the works and minimise impacts on local communities
- associated construction activities.
The draft Development Plan is available for viewing and comment for 15 business days from 19 July to 8 August 2017.