Park Street, South Melbourne Tram Stop Development Plan
As part of the Metro Tunnel Project, Yarra Trams has prepared a draft Development Plan for works to construct and deliver an upgraded tram stop on Park Street, South Melbourne.
These works will be delivered in late 2017, subject to the approval of the Development Plan.
- Relocating and upgrading existing Tram Stop 119 to create a new permanent level access tram stop and platforms on Park Street, South Melbourne
- Installation of new tram infrastructure, including tracks, poles and overhead cables
- Changes to traffic management and road access to facilitate the construction works and minimise impacts on local communities
- Removal of up to 26 on-street parking spaces to maintain one lane of traffic in each direction
- Changes to the intersection of Wells Street / Palmerston Crescent to allow for safe vehicle turning movements and tram operations
- Other associated construction activities.
The draft Development Plan is available for viewing and comment until 21 August 2017.