Project news and updates
27 Aug 2017
Victorians have a once-in-a-generation chance to make their mark on Melbourne by naming the five new underground stations to be built as part of the Metro Tunnel Project.
26 Aug 2017
The Metro Tunnel Project will be part of the Melbourne Writers Festival, as part of its Mapping Our Future Exhibition.
25 Aug 2017
We are asking the community to have their say on proposed upgrades to the Moray Street bike path.
07 Aug 2017
The Request for Proposal for the Independent Reviewer for the Metro Tunnel – Tunnel and Stations Public Private Partnership (PPP) has now been released and is available to be accessed via the Victorian Government's Tenders website.
31 Jul 2017
As part of the Metro Tunnel Project, Yarra Trams has prepared a draft Development Plan for works to construct and deliver an upgraded tram stop on Park Street, South Melbourne. Comments on the plan must be submitted by 21 August 2017.
28 Jul 2017
The 2018 Graduate Program provides recent graduates the opportunity to work with world-class industry experts on four of the biggest megaprojects Melbourne has ever undertaken.
Opportunities are available across the following programs:
- Metro Tunnel Graduate Program
- Level Crossing Removal Authority Graduate Program
- Westgate Tunnel Graduate Program
- North East Link Gradate Program
23 Jul 2017
The Metro Tunnel Project will create nearly seven thousand jobs for Victorians, including hundreds of apprentices trainees and engineering cadets. This will give hundreds of Victorians a start in one of Australia's biggest ever projects.
We're also ensuring that materials come locally securing more Victorian jobs. More than 88 per cent of materials used to build the new tunnels and underground stations will be local. This includes 93 per cent local steel.
21 Jul 2017
An expression of interest for the Rail Infrastructure Alliance contract has been released and will close in mid-September 2017. The contract is expected to be awarded in the second half of 2018.
20 Jul 2017
You are invited to attend Metro Tunnel – Under Construction at White Night this Saturday 18 February. You can also be in the running to win some great prizes by participating in our Instagram competition.
19 Jul 2017
As the Construction Power Works Contractor, Beon Energy Solutions has prepared a draft Development Plan which covers the scope and impacts of works to construct temporary substations to power the tunnel boring machines required to build the Metro Tunnel Project. Comments on the plan must be submitted by 8 August 2017.
- 18 Jan Service relocations in Domain
- 18 Jan Construction in the Domain precinct
- 18 Jan Toorak Road West and St Kilda Road tram upgrades
- 18 Jan Construction in South Yarra
- 18 Jan Construction in Kensington
- 17 Jan Construction in Melbourne CBD
- 17 Jan Benefits for your train line
- 12 Jan Traffic changes in Parkville
- 12 Jan Managing complaints
- 11 Jan Traffic changes on St Kilda Road
- 11 Jan Construction in Parkville
- 09 Jan CBD traffic changes
- 08 Jan Tram works on Park Street
- 05 Jan Works in the State Library precinct
- 04 Jan Protected disclosure