CBD North traffic changes
In preparation for major construction for the Metro Tunnel, Franklin Street and A'Beckett Street have been partially closed.
These changes include:
- Closure of Franklin Street (between Swanston Street and Victoria Street)
- Closure of A'Beckett Street (between Swanston Street and Stewart Street)
- Re-opening of Stewart Street to allow for one-way traffic northbound from A'Beckett Street.
- Changes to traffic lanes on Franklin Street between Swanston and Elizabeth streets.
- Temporary pedestrian changes in place for the initial stages of work.
The footpath on the northern side of Franklin Street was reopened on 3 April 2017.
There were also made to La Trobe Street and Victoria Street to allow traffic to flow more efficiently through the city.