CBD traffic changes
- The City Square car park was closed in early 2017.
- From August 2017, trucks will leave the site via Collins Street. Traffic controllers will be in place to temporarily stop traffic if required.
- City Square was closed to pedestrians on 3 April 2017.
- Pedestrians can still walk around City Square on the footpaths along Flinders Lane, Swanston Street and Collins Street.
A'Beckett Street is closed between Swanston Street and Stewart Street
- Traffic accessing Stewart Street from A’Beckett Street may experience some delays, due to temporary closures while construction vehicles move between the two sites
- A designated pedestrian access path has been installed around the laydown and storage area on the half basketball courts on A'Beckett Street
- At night, pedestrians will be able to cross A'Beckett Street at the Stewart Street intersection to the southern footpath. This access will be closed during the day for pedestrian safety purposes
- Both footpaths along A'Beckett Street between Swanston Street and Stewart Street have been closed while we to complete the service relocations
- Following the completion of service relocations in late July, a gantry walkway will be installed on the northern footpath on A'Beckett Street. This will create an enclosed and well lit pedestrian walkway that provides a safety barrier between pedestrians and the construction site.
- Franklin Street is closed between Swanston Street and Victoria Street
- On Franklin Street, a lane will be maintained in each direction between Swanston Street and Elizabeth Street on either side of the site compound
- The footpath on the northern side of Franklin Street was reopened on 3 April 2017.
There have also been changes made to La Trobe Street and Victoria Street to allow traffic to flow more efficiently through the city.