Through our delivery of Major Projects we're committed to connecting communities in the healthiest, most sustainable way possible.
We'll help to ensure a lasting legacy for present and future generations for a more liveable Victoria - environmentally, socially and economically.
To achieve this Sustainability Vision, Melbourne Metro Rail Authority is committed to:
- Optimising the Projects' design to ensure it is delivered to operate sustainably
- Managing resources efficiently through embedding energy, water and material saving initiatives into the design, construction and operation of the Projects
- Avoiding, minimising and offsetting harm to the environment and the loss of biodiversity
- Protecting and conserving the natural environment, and
- Preparing for the challenges presented by climate change.
To give effect to this Policy, our people will:
- Demonstrate leadership in the commitment to a prosperous and integrated economic, social and environmental sustainable future
- Demonstrate commitment to sustainable procurement
- Protect and maintain vegetation, the functioning of ecosystems and biological diversity
- Facilitate economic prosperity and development and provide a resilient local workforce
- Support and enhance social, cultural and community wellbeing
- Encourage the pioneering of innovation in sustainable design, process or advocacy that seeks continuous improvement to promote new ideas and thinking
- Embed environmental and sustainability outcomes by establishing robust sustainability objectives and targets. and
- Report on sustainability performance and be accountable for meeting environmental and social responsibilities.