All four of our tunnel boring machines are launched and tunnelling. Track their progress.
Our twin rail tunnels are now halfway to completion, with the Metro Tunnel Project forging ahead over the past month.
Childers Street closure proposed extension
To safely complete upcoming works in Kensington, an extension to the current closure is proposed until September 2021.
Saying Thank You to our Parkville Frontline Workers
The Metro Tunnel thanks the world’s leading medical researchers, clinicians and academics of the Parkville Biomedical Precinct.
Works in your area
Coronavirus Stage 4 restrictions are changing the way we communicate our project works and disruptions. Our distribution partners are unable to deliver project information to your letterbox during this time. To make sure you stay informed, subscribe to receive works updates by email.
Metro Tunnel Project disruptions include:
- From 3 June - long-term traffic and pedestrian changes around Flinders Street
- 27 July to 31 October - daytime eastbound lane closure on La Trobe Street between Elizabeth and Swanston streets
- 21 September to 30 October - buses replace trains at times on parts of the Mernda line
- 21 September to mid-November - overnight road closures on St Kilda Road
- 22 September - daytime northbound closure on St Kilda Road between Kings Way and Albert Road
- 7 to 11 November - buses replace trains on parts of the Werribee and Williamstown line
- 7 to 15 November - coaches replace trains on parts of the Ballarat Line on weekends
- 7 to 15 November - buses replace trains on parts of the Geelong Line on weekends
- 7 to 21 November - coaches replace trains on the Bendigo Line between Southern Cross and Bendigo stations
For a full list of major transport works and spring disruptions, visit Victoria’s Big Build.