All four of our tunnel boring machines are launched and tunnelling. Track their progress.
Join us for a special Facebook Live event for kids and parents
Children aged 5 to 10 are invited to learn about the big machines digging the Metro Tunnel. Sign up to our fun, interactive Facebook event on Saturday 7 November.
TBM Joan relaunches towards State Library Station site
Our first tunnel boring machine (TBM), Joan, broke through at Parkville in August and has now begun the one-kilometre journey from Parkville towards the CBD.
Saying Thank You to our Parkville Frontline Workers
The Metro Tunnel thanks the world’s leading medical researchers, clinicians and academics of the Parkville Biomedical Precinct.
Works in your area
Coronavirus restrictions are changing the way we communicate our project works and disruptions. To make sure you stay informed, subscribe to receive works updates by email.
Victoria's Big Build - works continue this spring
- 6 to 15 November - buses replace trains on the Werribee and Williamstown lines at various times
- 7 to 21 November - buses replace trains on sections of the Sunbury Line
- Until 18 December - buses replace trains on the Mernda Line at various times
- Until 14 November - daytime eastbound lane closure on La Trobe Street
- Until mid-November - overnight road closures on St Kilda Road
- 5 November to 5 December - partial closure of Arthur Street, South Yarra
- 5 November to late December - Elizabeth Street/Royal Parade service lane closure
For a full list of major transport works and spring disruptions, visit Victoria’s Big Build.