The Metro Tunnel creative program has been designed to support the Metro Tunnel Project’s Creative Strategy.
The Metro Tunnel Creative Strategy’s vision is:
“A legacy of high quality experiences and places that put people first – contributing to Melbourne’s current and future liveability, international standing and reputation for creative excellence”
The Strategy has six key objectives:
- Dynamic sites of creativity
- Manage construction impacts
- Line-wide identity
- Welcoming and people focused places
- Creative opportunities and engagement
- Showcase Melbourne
The Strategy also states that interventions occurring during the construction phase should be underpinned by the following principles:
- Manage construction impacts – protecting what makes Melbourne great.
- Maintain the city’s activity and vibrancy – supporting Melbourne’s businesses and residents.
- Provide opportunities for local creative practitioners, artists and communities during the construction phase as we strive to manage disruption from the construction of the Metro Tunnel.
- Imagine the city as a laboratory – trialling new ideas and engaging with the project as it develops.