Town Hall Station Expressions Of Interest
Expressions of interest to create a permanent public artwork for the new Town Hall Station as part of the Metro Tunnel Legacy Artwork Program are now open.
ABOUT THE STATION
The new Town Hall Station will be at the civic heart of Melbourne and a gateway to the city with connections to Federation Square, Flinders Street Station, and City Square making the artwork a significant and high profile cultural marker viewed by thousands of commuters daily.
Town Hall Station’s large vaulted public concourse below the main City Square entrance presents a significant opportunity for a leading artist to create an exceptional artwork and an enduring artistic statement for Melbourne.
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Rail Projects Victoria (RPV) and the Cross Yarra Partnership (CYP) are seeking an experienced artist, with a reputable body of work to create a large-scale public artwork for the new Town Hall Station.
Due to the size, complexity, and civic importance of the Town Hall commission, we are seeking artists who can satisfy the following criteria:
- Extensive public art experience
- Extensive experience working with design teams
- An established profile of international standing
HOW TO REGISTER
Artists are asked to formally register their interest for the Town Hall Station commission by:
- Understanding the artist brief (PDF, 8.8 MB)
- Completing this form
- Attaching a resume and artist statement
Registrations open on 20 January and close at 5pm on 17 February 2020.
- Town Hall Station expression of interest artist brief (PDF, 8.8 MB)
- Metro Tunnel's Legacy Artwork Program
- Legacy Artwork Program overview brochure (PDF, 8.2 MB)
- Station concept designs
- Metro Tunnel Creative Strategy
For more information on the Metro Tunnel Legacy Artwork Program – Stations, please email email@example.com