UpShop Recycled Bag Instagram Giveaway
Win a Metro Tunnel prize!
The Metro Tunnel Creative Program is working with UpShop Industries in Brunswick to make sure its project banners on the construction sites don’t go to waste. We are giving you the chance to win a locally designed and fabricated Metro Tunnel recycled bag!
UpShop Industries repurposes materials and objects to extend their life span. They connect creatives, upcyclers and manufacturers to reduce waste and its impact on the environment.
So far, in producing the bags from Metro Tunnel banners, we have redirected over 225 square metres of vinyl away from landfill. Of the 150kg of vinyl consumed to date, we reduced the waste down to 10% so that around 90% (or approximately 135kg's) live on as new products – such as these great bags!
The bags have a flat bottom and are sizeable enough to carry a hard hat and a pair of steel capped boots or a beach towel and a picnic! Over the next couple of years we will be offering these bags up through online competitions or at our events. Certain businesses around the Metro Tunnel site will also have bags for sale – we will let you know where and when!
Here's how to win:
1. Follow @metrotunnelvic on Instagram
2. Like the post
3. Tag a friend in the comments
That's it! We will be randomly selecting 5 winners on Monday December 14, 2020. The winners will be announced via our Instagram stories. GOOD LUCK!
*T&Cs apply, read more below.
Terms and Conditions
- This competition (“Competition”) is conducted by the Major Transport Infrastructure Authority (“MTIA”) ABN 69 981 208 782, an administrative office in relation to the Department of Transport, of Level 14, 121 Exhibition Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 “Promoter”).
- Entry to the Competition constitutes acceptance of these conditions.
- The Competition is only open to Eligible Entrants. An “Eligible Entrant” is an individual who, at the time of entry:
(i) is a resident of Australia aged 18 years or older (or 13, with guardian/parent consent);
(ii) is not an employee of the Promoter or agencies associated with the Competition; and
(iii) is not a spouse, de facto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether full, half, step or by adoption) of such an employee.
- Competition entry opens at time and date specified on the website (https://metrotunnel.vic.gov.au/about-the-project/creative-program) (“Entry Period”). All times and dates are times and dates in Melbourne, Australia.
- To enter, an Eligible Entrant must have a current Instagram Account and follow the entry instructions in these conditions.
(i) The “Entry Period”
- (a) Entry Opens Time: 17:00 (AEDT)
- (b) Entry Opens Date: Tuesday, 8 December 2020
- (c) Entry Closes Time: 17:00 (AEDT)
- (d) Entry Closes Date: Saturday, 12 December, 2020
(ii) Entrants must ensure that their entries are posted online during the Entry Period.
(iii) Entrants must be following @metrotunnelvic on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/metrotunnelvic/) at the time of entry.
(iv) Entrants must like the Metro Tunnel Instagram’s Giveaway post (https://www.instagram.com/metrotunnelvic/).
(v) Entrants must tag another account in the comments of the Metro Tunnel Instagram’s Giveaway post (https://www.instagram.com/metrotunnelvic/).
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for any late or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications service or equipment.
- Skill plays no part in determining the winners. The 5 randomly drawn entrants that have followed the entry instructions will be notified by a direct message in their private Instagram message box from the Promoter.
- An Eligible Entrant may enter the Competition multiple times within the competition period.
- All entries to the Competition may be subject to verification by the Promoter. The Promoter will reimburse an entrant for any reasonable costs incurred in complying with this condition. An entrant must deliver to the Promoter (by a means determined by the Promoter) copies of any documents the Promoter may request establishing eligibility to enter or win, including evidence of age, residence or identity. The Promoter may make one or more requests for such documents. Once the identity of documents available is established, an entrant must deliver requested copies within 7 days of being asked to do so. At the Promoter’s request, an entrant must, also within, 7 days of being asked, allow the Promoter to inspect and copy the original of any such document.
- The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any or all entries made by an entrant invalid if the entrant:
(i) fails to establish their entitlement to enter the Competition to the Promoter’s reasonable satisfaction; or
(ii) fails to produce items as required by condition 9 or produces items that, in the Promoters’ reasonable opinion, are illegible, stolen forged, reconstructed, altered, incomplete or tampered with in any way; or
(iii) in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion, tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering; or
(iv) in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion, submits an entry which is not in accordance with these conditions.
- Any costs associated with accessing the Competition website are the responsibility of the person seeking access and are dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Eligible entrants must make their internet entries manually using the Instagram app. The Promoter may reject entries if it reasonably forms the opinion that they have been entered using automated entry means or by use of a competition entry device.
Winner and prize
- The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If for any reason a winner does not contact the Promotor in accordance with clause 18 , then the prize will be forfeited.
- If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
- Total prize pool value is $125. Prizes, or any unused portion of the prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
- There will be 5 winners. Each winner will receive one recycled to the value of $25, similar to that shown in the promotional post.
- Each winner will be required to provide an Australian postal address within 3 business days of notification that they have won a prize, either by direct message to the Promotor’s Instagram account, or by another method agreed by the Promoter. The Promoter will send the prize to the Australian address provided.
- A right to receive the prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as a monetary payment.
- Then Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
- By entering the Competition, each entrant releases Instagram from any and all liability to the entrant arising in any way from the conduct of the Competition.
- All information provided by a Promotion entrant is provided to the Promoter and not to Instagram.
- If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way by a cause outside the reasonable controls of the Promoter (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, tampering, computer bugs or viruses or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for:
(i) Any error, omission, interruption or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise;
(ii) Any theft, destruction, or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications;
(iii) Any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition;
(iv) Any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of administering this competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise).
- Any attempt to cause damage to any website or the information on any website associated with this promotion or to otherwise undermine the fair and legitimate operation of his competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. The Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law in the event that any such attempt is made, whether or not that attempt results in any such damage, interference or undermining.
- All of the Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its personnel (including Metro Tunnel HQ) exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or prizes, including:
(i) Any indirect, economic or consequential loss;
(ii) Any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party;
(iii) Any liability for personal injury or death. Nothing in these conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify an entrant’s rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
- If any provision of these conditions is unenforceable for any reason, it will be severed and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- Entrant’s personal information will be collected by or on behalf of the Promoter in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement (https://metrotunnel.vic.gov.au/privacy-statement). The Promoter will collect and use the information to enable it to administer the Competition and publicise its winners. The personal information of the winner may be provided to others assisting in the conduct of the Competition. Persons may contact the Promoter by post at the address stated in condition 1 to request access to, or corrections of, any of their collected personal information that is held by the Promoter. If an entrant does not provide accurate personal information, the Promoter may determine that they are not eligible to win a prize.