School booking terms and conditions
School bookings at Metro Tunnel HQ are offered free of charge.
Confirming your reservation
Once you have submitted your online school booking enquiry, a representative from the visitor centre will be in touch to further clarify your needs and identify availability. If we can accommodate your request, a booking will be generated, which you need to confirm for it to be valid.
- To confirm your booking, you must have approval from your Principal and agree with the Terms and Conditions.
- Upon confirmation, you will receive notification from Metro Tunnel HQ.
- If you fail to confirm your booking by the due date, Metro Tunnel HQ will release the booking for other schools.
- Metro Tunnel HQ reserves the right to modify your group's program in response to extreme weather conditions. In particular, high temperatures, wet or stormy weather may impact the opportunity to take a walk to view the Town Hall Station construction site. In this eventuality staff will make every effort substitute with alternative activities.
Amending your reservation
Please advise Metro Tunnel HQ in writing of any changes to your booking, including:
- Changes in the number of students attending: we can accommodate up to 30 students at a time in the centre but like to know exactly how many will attend so that we can prepare activity sheets and materials. (These numbers may alter depending on the latest COVID safe restrictions)
- Changes to start time: we will attempt to accommodate your request but please be aware that we may have to shorten or cancel your activity if a change to start time will impact staff availability or another visitor centre booking.
- The school is responsible for supervising all members of the school group and for providing the required number of teachers and/or authorised supervising adults to accompany the group. We recommend teachers and supervisors accompany students at a ratio of 1:10 for primary groups and 1:15 for secondary groups.
- The school must ensure that all members of the school group, including teachers and authorised supervising adults, comply with any lawful and reasonable direction given by a Metro Tunnel HQ team member or representative while at the visitor centre premises.
- The school warrants that all teachers and authorised supervising adults hold Working with Children Checks and other such checks as required by law to prove the suitability of a person to work with children and young people.
- The school indemnifies Metro Tunnel HQ against all loss, damage and costs incurred, sustained or suffered by Metro Tunnel HQ arising out of or in connection with or as a consequence, whether directly or indirectly, the entry or presence of the school group at Metro Tunnel HQ premises or any failure by the school to comply with these schools’ requirements (A certificate of currency of Metro Tunnel HQ’s public liability insurance may be provided upon request.)
- Attending staff will carry a class list of all students present and check-in with the QR code provided in the visitor centre.
The Health and safety of Metro Tunnel HQ visitors and our staff is of the utmost importance to Rail Projects Victoria. We therefore have a full COVID safety plan in place, which all staff have been trained in. As visitors to our centre we request that you:
- 1. Ensure physical distancing
- 2. Wear a face covering if over 12 years of age
- 3. Practise good hygiene
Your school’s attendance will be recorded on our booking system with the time and date that you attend, as well as the presenters you interacted with. Attending staff must check in with the QR code provided at the visitor centre - This is your COVID check-in on the day for contact tracing if required.
We request that you reschedule your booking if:
- You, your students or a close family member feel unwell and have flu-like symptoms
- You, your students or a close family member have travelled overseas or been in contact with people who have returned from overseas in the past 14 days
- You, your students or a close family member have been in contact with anyone who has (or is suspected to have) coronavirus or
- Your school has been closed due to a coronavirus related reason.
We will reschedule your booking if:
- Your presenter or a close family member feels unwell or has flu-like symptoms
- Your presenter or a close family member has travelled overseas or been in contact with people who have returned from overseas in the past 14 days
- Your presenter or a close family member has been in contact with anyone who has (or is suspected to have) coronavirus or
- Our site has been closed due to a coronavirus related reason.
If any of the above occurs, we will endeavour to find an alternative presenter. Please be aware that this might not always be possible and your booking may be rescheduled at short notice, despite our best efforts.