Project news and updates
25 May 2020
Tunnelling has ramped up with the Metro Tunnel’s first tunnel boring machine, Joan, embarking on her second leg of the project – this time digging towards Parkville.
25 May 2020
We have reached another major milestone, with tunnel boring machines (TBM) Millie and Alice now both on their way to South Yarra.
20 May 2020
As Metro Tunnel excavation works ramp up around the site of the new Town Hall Station, new traffic changes will be in place around the site.
04 May 2020
27 Apr 2020
We have reached another major milestone with tunnel boring machine (TBM) Millie launching from the site of the new Anzac Station.
14 Apr 2020
The first section of the Metro Tunnel is now complete – with Joan and Meg the tunnel boring machines breaking through to complete the journey from Arden Station to the tunnel’s western entrance in Kensington.
30 Mar 2020
We’re seeking recent graduates from a range of disciplines to work on the Metro Tunnel Project as part of the 2021 Victoria’s Big Build Graduate Program.
17 Mar 2020
Route 70, 75 and City Circle (35) tram services will be disrupted from the first tram service on Monday 23 March until the last tram service on Sunday 29 March.
26 Feb 2020
Swapping Seats sets out to raise awareness about where and how people who walk and ride should position themselves around trucks and heavy vehicles.
20 Feb 2020
All four Metro Tunnel TBMs are now in the ground – one and two are tunnelling to Kensington from North Melbourne. Preparations are underway for three and four to start digging from Anzac towards South Yarra.
Previous | Page 1 of 11 | Next
- 28 May Parkville precinct work notifications
- 26 May Current and planned transport changes
- 26 May Swanston Street, Melbourne CBD
- 26 May Creative Program at Anzac Station
- 26 May State Library precinct work notifications
- 26 May Flinders Street – Long term traffic changes
- 25 May Traffic changes around Domain
- 25 May Eastern and Western Portal Development Plans
- 25 May Building Anzac Station
- 25 May Eastern tunnel entrance construction overview
- 25 May Overview of works in North Melbourne
- 25 May Community Reference Groups
- 25 May Archaeology finds
- 15 May Construction on the Mernda line
- 15 May Mernda Line, Epping to Mernda