Project news and updates
07 May 2019
Following extensive preparations over the past 1.5 years, excavation is set to ramp up at the Anzac Station site, with engineering cadets on hand to celebrate the milestone.
Anzac Station Update
Excavation of the station box for the Metro Tunnel’s new Anzac Station is now underway, marking the start of large-scale excavation across all five station sites. Keep up to date with traffic changes and public transport disruptions here: https://bit.ly/2GdPjXyPosted by Metro Tunnel on Wednesday, 30 January 2019
30 Apr 2019
From 20 May, there will be changes to eastbound traffic for all road users on La Trobe Street.
30 Apr 2019
Buses will replace trains on the Sandringham line between 8pm Tuesday 21 May and 7am Sunday 9 June to enable vital works on the Metro Tunnel’s eastern entrance.
29 Apr 2019
A local, national and international search is underway for artists, painters and sculptors to create permanent public art for our new stations, with some of Victoria’s greatest creative minds enlisted to help select the artists.
29 Apr 2019
Victoria is currently in a transport construction boom with 41 major road and rail projects being built. During April, major infrastructure upgrades continue in preparation for the Metro Tunnel which will open in 2025, which will untangle the City Loop to run more trains across Melbourne. These works will prepare our network for bigger, better trains and deliver improvements for passengers across Victoria.
02 Apr 2019
Flaked stone artefacts used by Aboriginal peoples, found during our archaeological investigations, are on display at Metro Tunnel HQ.
29 Mar 2019
The search is on for drivers to operate the massive tunnel boring machines (TBMs) that will dig the Metro Tunnel.
13 Mar 2019
We have partnered with Roamni to present free audio tours of the area around the Anzac Station site.
11 Mar 2019
08 Mar 2019
We are holding pop-ups at events through out the city to reduce the risks to cyclists, pedestrians and motorcyclists who move around our worksites.
Previous | Page 1 of 5 | Next
- 17 May Suburban Rail Loop
- 16 May Traffic changes around State Library Station
- 16 May Melbourne Airport Rail
- 16 May Have your say on Melbourne Airport Rail
- 16 May Rail Projects Victoria
- 15 May Parkville precinct work notifications
- 15 May Project delivery
- 14 May Kensington precinct work notifications
- 14 May State Library precinct work notifications
- 14 May Traffic changes around Domain
- 14 May Professionals Program
- 14 May Mini Melbourne
- 14 May Traffic changes around Town Hall Station
- 13 May Domain Precinct work notifications
- 13 May South Yarra precinct work notifications