Project news and updates
14 Jan 2019
Excavation has commenced at the Parkville worksite as workers dig out the equivalent of 80 Olympic swimming pools worth of rock and soil to build the new Parkville Station.
09 Jan 2019
Join us to create a scene that represents Melbourne’s future, including the Metro Tunnel.
28 Dec 2018
This month we completed the bicycle path upgrades on Moray Street. The new bike path and roundabouts provide a safe and reliable alternative north-south route for cyclists during Metro Tunnel works on St Kilda Road.
28 Nov 2018
A massive roadheader machine will begin creating the huge underground cavern for the new State Library Station deep beneath Melbourne’s CBD this week.
27 Nov 2018
Victorians are being given the opportunity to have their say on plans for the Metro Tunnel’s Western Turnback.
22 Nov 2018
Whether you’re after a Christmas gift idea with an artisan touch or an Insta-worthy addition to your wardrobe, save the date for the Festival of Independents.
05 Nov 2018
From 9pm to last services each night, from Tuesday 6 November to Thursday 8 November, some trains will run direct to and from Flinders Street Station and not via the City Loop.
24 Oct 2018
Work is set to ramp up on the western and eastern entrances to the Metro Tunnel and upgrades on the wider rail network.
A consortium comprising John Holland, CPB Contractors and AECOM will deliver the $1 billion Rail Infastructure Alliance work package in partnership with Rail Projects Victoria and Metro Trains Melbourne.
18 Oct 2018
We are looking for ideas for a piece of artwork that will be painted onto hoardings in Kensington.
16 Oct 2018
Lovers Walk and William Street Bridge closed to pedestrians from 15 October 2018 for four years as part of the Metro Tunnel project. Detours will be in place.
Previous | Page 1 of 5 | Next
- 17 Jan TBM tracker
- 17 Jan Supporting local businesses in South Yarra
- 17 Jan Supporting businesses during construction
- 17 Jan Respite, relocation and noise management for residents during construction
- 16 Jan Community Reference Groups
- 16 Jan Upgrades to the rail network
- 16 Jan Media releases
- 16 Jan Rail Projects Victoria
- 15 Jan Sunbury, Werribee and Williamstown rail line closures
- 11 Jan South Yarra precinct work notifications
- 10 Jan Traffic and transport changes
- 10 Jan Western tunnel entrance construction plans
- 10 Jan Kensington precinct work notifications
- 10 Jan Jobs
- 09 Jan Metro Tunnel HQ