News and updates
21 Nov 2020
Airport trains will run through the Metro Tunnel, providing passengers with a 10-minute turn-up-and-go service from Melbourne Airport and an under 30-minute journey into the CBD.
12 Nov 2020
Two tunnel boring machines are now digging from Parkville towards the new State Library Station site.
09 Nov 2020
Work is continuing safely on Victoria’s Big Build, our biggest transport upgrade ever.
28 Oct 2020
Get ready for a live Facebook event on Saturday 7 November for children and parents to watch together.
28 Oct 2020
The first stage of testing High Capacity Signalling (HCS) is now more than 50 per cent complete. This stage involves trialling HCS in a single train on the Mernda line and takes place at night to minimise disruption to normal services.
20 Oct 2020
Tunnel boring machine (TBM) Joan has begun its one-kilometre journey from the Parkville Station site to the new State Library Station site.
15 Oct 2020
In response to current coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions, Metro Tunnel HQ remains closed but the Education Program is now available online! With school visits on hold, we’ve refreshed our Education Program webpage to create a bright child-friendly place, and added a range of new videos, puzzles and challenges that will make any kid a Metro Tunnel expert in no time.
13 Oct 2020
Metro Tunnel Creative Program and Arts Centre Melbourne are seeking expressions from Deaf and disabled artists for a new performance commission worth $40,000.
06 Oct 2020
The twin tunnels between the future Anzac Station and South Yarra have been completed, with the tunnel boring machine named Alice successfully completing her journey from the Domain precinct.
01 Oct 2020
The Metro Tunnel Project is using thermal imaging technology to help keep our staff safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Previous | Page 1 of 13 | Next
Connect with us
Recently updated pages
- 27 Nov Traffic changes around State Library Station
- 27 Nov Current and planned transport changes
- 27 Nov Building the CBD stations
- 27 Nov Building Anzac Station
- 26 Nov Creative Program at Town Hall Station
- 26 Nov Transport changes in South Yarra
- 26 Nov Construction on the Mernda line
- 26 Nov Kensington precinct work notifications
- 26 Nov Domain precinct work notifications
- 26 Nov Parkville precinct work notifications
- 26 Nov Arden precinct work notifications
- 26 Nov Construction on the south eastern lines
- 26 Nov State Library precinct work notifications
- 26 Nov Building Parkville Station
- 23 Nov Benefits for your train line