Project news and updates
17 Sep 2020
Work is continuing safely on Victoria’s Big Build, our biggest transport upgrade ever.
Construction on large-scale public infrastructure projects has been deemed critical under Stage four restrictions, so works will continue, with strict health and safety protocols in place.
10 Sep 2020
Metro Tunnel Creative Program received a prestigious Good Design Award Best in Class accolade in the Architectural Design Urban Design and Public Spaces category in recognition for outstanding design and innovation.
27 Aug 2020
The Metro Tunnel Project has hit another milestone after tunnel boring machine (TBM) Joan broke through at the Parkville Station site this week.
22 Jul 2020
As part of Open House Melbourne 2020, we’re inviting you to join us for a live Q&A with two Metro Tunnel Project tunnelling experts.
13 Jul 2020
The Metro Tunnel Project’s Rail Infrastructure Alliance (RIA) has released draft amendments to the Eastern Portal Development Plan for public display.
26 Jun 2020
Excavation of Town Hall Station’s first level is now complete, with three roadheaders breaking through into the station’s central cavern 25 metres below Swanston Street.
15 Jun 2020
The Metro Tunnel Creative Program is now seeking registrations from talented creatives for its Artist Pool.
04 Jun 2020
All four tunnel boring machines (TBM) are now digging underneath Melbourne, with the launch of TBM Meg marking the start of peak tunnelling operations for the Metro Tunnel.
25 May 2020
Tunnelling has ramped up with the Metro Tunnel’s first tunnel boring machine, Joan, embarking on her second leg of the project – this time digging towards Parkville.
25 May 2020
We have reached another major milestone, with tunnel boring machines (TBM) Millie and Alice now both on their way to South Yarra.
Previous | Page 1 of 12 | Next
- 18 Sep Kensington precinct work notifications
- 18 Sep Domain precinct work notifications
- 18 Sep South Yarra precinct work notifications
- 18 Sep Oversized deliveries
- 17 Sep Construction on the Mernda line
- 17 Sep State Library precinct work notifications
- 17 Sep Current and planned transport changes
- 17 Sep Community Reference Groups
- 16 Sep St Kilda Road, Domain Precinct
- 16 Sep Project delivery
- 14 Sep Transport changes in South Yarra
- 14 Sep Traffic changes around Domain
- 14 Sep Creative Program at Anzac Station
- 14 Sep Traffic changes around State Library Station
- 14 Sep La Trobe Street, Melbourne CBD