Project news and updates
09 Sep 2019
Work has commenced today on the $16 million Victorian Tunnelling Centre (VTC) being built at Holmesglen Institute’s Chadstone campus to train and skill local workers in underground construction and tunnelling.
24 Aug 2019
Across late September and October, buses will replace trains at various times on the Cranbourne and Pakenham, Sunbury, Werribee and Williamstown lines. Trams on St Kilda Road, Flinders Street and Plenty Road will also be affected at selected times.
On the regional train network, coaches will replace trains on parts of the Ballarat, Bendigo, Gippsland, Geelong and Warrnambool lines.
15 Aug 2019
As the Metro Tunnel Project prepares to launch its first tunnel boring machine (TBM), traditional ceremonies have been held at the TBM launch site in North Melbourne.
06 Aug 2019
Epping-based TTM Rail has been awarded the $1.6 million contract to fit out two X’Trapolis trains for High Capacity Signalling testing on the Metro Tunnel Project.
06 Aug 2019
There will be significant upgrades and essential maintenance across the rail network in August and September
06 Aug 2019
There are staged eastbound lane closures on La Trobe Street between Swanston and Elizabeth streets in August.
01 Aug 2019
The 100-tonne cutterhead of our red TBM, Joan has been lowered assembled at North Melbourne.
30 Jul 2019
In August, works will commence to construct an underground passenger connection underneath Flinders Street, between Swanston Street and Degraves Street.
26 Jul 2019
This is your chance to take a tour of the Metro Tunnel Project’s new North Melbourne Station site, near Arden Street, where our first two TBMs will soon be launched to create the tunnels for the trains that will transform Melbourne’s rail network.
21 Jul 2019
From 2 September, both eastbound lanes on Flinders Street will be closed between Elizabeth and Swanston streets for up to three years. The closure will allow us to build an underground connection from Flinders Street Station to the new Town Hall Station as part of the Metro Tunnel construction.
Previous | Page 1 of 8 | Next
- 20 Sep Western tunnel entrance
- 20 Sep Creative Program at State Library Station
- 20 Sep Complaint accessibility statement
- 20 Sep Managing complaints
- 19 Sep Domain Precinct work notifications
- 19 Sep Changes to public transport in the Domain precinct
- 19 Sep Supporting local businesses in South Yarra
- 19 Sep Managing construction noise and vibration
- 18 Sep Town Hall precinct work notifications
- 18 Sep Education Program at Metro Tunnel HQ
- 17 Sep State Library precinct work notifications
- 17 Sep Frequently asked questions
- 17 Sep Creative Program at the eastern tunnel entrance
- 17 Sep Creative Program at the new North Melbourne Station
- 17 Sep Traffic changes around State Library Station