Project news and updates
20 Mar 2019
Victoria is currently in a transport construction boom with 41 major road and rail projects being built. During April, major infrastructure upgrades continue in preparation for the Metro Tunnel which will open in 2025, which will untangle the City Loop to run more trains across Melbourne. These works will prepare our network for bigger, better trains and deliver improvements for passengers across Victoria.
13 Mar 2019
We have partnered with Roamni to present free audio tours of the area around the Anzac Station site.
11 Mar 2019
08 Mar 2019
We are holding pop-ups at events through out the city to reduce the risks to cyclists, pedestrians and motorcyclists who move around our worksites.
07 Mar 2019
We’re seeking recent graduates from a range of disciplines to join the 2020 Major Transport Infrastructure Authority (MTIA) Graduate Program. Take the opportunity to build both your career and Victoria's infrastructure.
28 Feb 2019
A second roadheader is set to commence excavation at the end of February from the Franklin Street east shaft. This machine will start excavating under Swanston Street, east to west, as it creates an underground passenger connection. It’ll be launched 26 metres underground in the coming days.
19 Feb 2019
The names of the four TBM’s set to build the Metro Tunnel have been revealed.
11 Feb 2019
The first of four tunnel boring machines for the Metro Tunnel Project has completed its journey by sea to the Port of Melbourne.
Joan has arrived!
Joan, our first tunnel boring machine has arrived. Weighing in at a whopping 1,000 tonnes and 120m in length, she’s a beauty! Joan will be reassembled onsite at the new North Melbourne station in the coming weeks and prepared for tunnelling.Posted by Metro Tunnel on Tuesday, 12 February 2019
05 Feb 2019
Victorians are being given the opportunity to have their say on the Metro Tunnel's upcoming development plans.
01 Feb 2019
On Sunday 3 February, from 11.30pm to 5am, drivers on St Kilda Road between Dorcas Street and Toorak Road West/Kings Way will experience delays and detours.
Previous | Page 1 of 6 | Next
- 20 Mar State Library precinct work notifications
- 20 Mar Creative Program at Town Hall Station
- 20 Mar Traffic changes around Domain
- 20 Mar Parkville precinct work notifications
- 20 Mar Traffic changes in Parkville
- 20 Mar Personal injury claims
- 19 Mar Parkville Station
- 19 Mar Creative Program at Anzac Station
- 18 Mar Graduate Program
- 18 Mar Construction on the Sunbury line
- 18 Mar Transport changes in South Yarra
- 15 Mar Creative Program at the eastern tunnel entrance
- 15 Mar Western tunnel entrance
- 15 Mar Supporting local businesses in Domain
- 15 Mar Construction in the Domain precinct