Major works on St Kilda Road in April
Posted: 10 May 2018
Works to realign the traffic, tram and bicycle lanes on St Kilda Road took place in April 2018.
These works allowed us to establish the construction site for the new Anzac Station in the centre of St Kilda Road, while ensuring road and tram users can continue to use St Kilda Road and travel on public transport while construction takes place.
- Closure and temporary removal of the Domain Interchange tram stop.
- Construction of a new temporary tram stop on St Kilda Road, north of Park Street. This stop will temporarily replace the Domain Interchange during the construction of Anzac Station.
- Installation of temporary tram tracks and tram infrastructure on St Kilda Road.
- Shifting the road and bicycle lanes to the temporary alignment, including asphalting and new line marking.
- Works to connect power supplies and cabling, including the installation of tram poles and overhead wires.