High capacity signalling test site in Pakenham East
Posted: 31 Jan 2020
Work is being undertaken at the Pakenham East Depot to establish a test site for High Capacity Signalling.
We are establishing a construction site at 205 Oakview Lane, Nar Nar Goon throughout February which will enable us to access the High Capacity Signalling platform and test track within the Pakenham East Depot.
From Monday 2 to Friday 6 March we will undertake 24/7 works on the test track to install the trackside equipment and technology needed to test High Capacity Signalling with the new High Capacity Metro Trains (HCMTs).
What we are doing
- Installing temporary site buildings and concrete walkways
- Erecting an overhead canopy
- Installing temporary fencing, water barriers and car parking areas
- Installing trackside equipment
- Trenching and installation of cable.
- Monday 3 to Saturday 29 February 2020
- 7am to 6pm, Monday to Friday
- 7am to 1pm, Saturdays.
Monday 2 to Friday 6 March 2020
What you should be aware of
- Medium levels of construction noise are expected
- We will attempt to carry out noisy construction activities during daytime construction hours
- The site office will be powered by a generator during daytime construction hours
- The generator will be used during 24/7 works in March. It will be turned off whenever possible
- The site laydown area will be accessed 24/7 during works to transport materials to and from site
- Machinery such as excavators, a telehandler, concrete trucks, crane, franna, dump truck, Hi-Rail Hiab, a generator and lighting towers will be used
- Increased truck and machinery movements on Oakview Lane, Nar Nar Goon
- The site will be used as a site office and for delivery and storage of construction materials and equipment.