Western Portal Development Plan on consultation
Posted: 04 May 2020
The Rail Infrastructure Alliance project team is proposing to update the existing Western Portal Development Plan to include:
- Additional project land at 1-39 Hobsons Road for proposed rail services buildings and associated works to deliver vital communications and signalling infrastructure for the Metro Tunnel
- Minor landscaping and design changes along Childers Street
- Addition of a small area of Childers Street east of South Kensington station into the Development Plan area to enable access to the rail corridor for maintenance as required
- Flood plain management / protection alongside rail corridor
- Editorial updates to reflect proposed amendments.
Feedback is invited on the amended Plan from Monday 4 May 2020 until 5pm on Monday 25 May 2020.
On Tuesday 12 May virtual community information sessions were delivered via the Zoom video conferencing platform.