News and updates
25 Sep 2020
Join our Tunnels & Stations Deputy Director, Paul Thomas, for a live Q&A session about all things Metro Tunnel Project.
23 Sep 2020
The Metro Tunnel Project’s rail tunnels are now halfway to completion, with tunnel boring machines finishing digging between the tunnel’s western entrance in Kensington and the site of the new Parkville Station.
22 Sep 2020
Learn more about proposed traffic changes for Childers Street, Kensington.
22 Sep 2020
A large-scale photo essay by Melbourne photographer Phoebe Powell gives pride of place to healthcare workers in Parkville.
21 Sep 2020
After nearly 3 years of hard work and planning, Metro Tunnel Project began testing Communication-Based Train Control or the first time ever in Melbourne. It will pave the way for High Capacity Signalling and more trains, more often.
10 Sep 2020
Metro Tunnel Creative Program received a prestigious Good Design Award Best in Class accolade in the Architectural Design Urban Design and Public Spaces category in recognition for outstanding design and innovation.
27 Aug 2020
The Metro Tunnel Project has hit another milestone after tunnel boring machine (TBM) Joan broke through at the Parkville Station site this week.
22 Jul 2020
As part of Open House Melbourne 2020, we’re inviting you to join us for a live Q&A with two Metro Tunnel Project tunnelling experts.
13 Jul 2020
The Metro Tunnel Project’s Rail Infrastructure Alliance (RIA) has released draft amendments to the Eastern Portal Development Plan for public display.
26 Jun 2020
Excavation of Town Hall Station’s first level is now complete, with three roadheaders breaking through into the station’s central cavern 25 metres below Swanston Street.
Connect with us
Recently updated pages
- 24 Nov Creative Program at Town Hall Station
- 24 Nov State Library precinct work notifications
- 23 Nov Benefits for your train line
- 23 Nov Frequently asked questions
- 23 Nov Project overview
- 22 Nov Photo galleries
- 20 Nov Kensington precinct work notifications
- 20 Nov Current and planned transport changes
- 20 Nov Traffic changes around Domain
- 20 Nov Community Reference Groups
- 19 Nov eNews registration
- 18 Nov Domain precinct work notifications
- 18 Nov Construction on the south eastern lines
- 18 Nov Traffic and transport changes
- 12 Nov Creative Program at Anzac Station