CBD traffic changes
- The City Square car park was closed in early 2017.
- Pedestrians can still walk around City Square on the footpaths along Flinders Lane, Swanston Street and Collins Street.
There will be short-term pedestrian diversions during the demolition of buildings between Flinders Street and Flinders Lane, as well as between La Trobe Street and Little La Trobe Street.
La Trobe Street
There will be short-term pedestrian diversions during the demolition of buildings at the corner of Swanston and La Trobe streets.
Little La Trobe Street
From 12 to 13 June, Little La Trobe Street will be closed to all vehicles between 7am – 10am. Little La Trobe Street will be open to local traffic between Swanston Street and Elizabeth Street, via Literature Lane only, between 10am – 6pm.
A'Beckett Street is closed between Swanston and Stewart streets.
- Gantry walkways have been installed on both sides of A'Beckett Street.
- A designated pedestrian access path has been installed around the laydown and storage area on the half basketball courts on A'Beckett Street.
- At night, pedestrians will be able to cross A'Beckett Street at the Stewart Street intersection to the southern footpath. This access will be closed during the day for pedestrian safety purposes.
- A gantry walkway on the northern footpath of A'Beckett Street creates an enclosed and well-lit pedestrian walkway that provides a safety barrier between pedestrians and the construction site.
- Franklin Street is closed between Swanston Street and Victoria Street.
- Closure of westbound and eastbound Franklin Street traffic lanes, between Stewart Street and Swanston Street, intermittently on weekends until mid-June 2018