Traffic changes around Town Hall Station
A four year lane closure is now in place on Flinders Street with one lane closed westbound between Russell and Swanston streets.
Drivers will still have one left-turning lane from Flinders Street towards St Kilda Road and one lane towards Elizabeth Street.
Motorists are encouraged to plan ahead and allow up to an extra 15 minutes if travelling through this stretch of Flinders Street.
Overnight Flinders Street lane closures
- Flinders Street westbound lanes will be closed between Russell and Swanston Streets from 1pm to 5am on Sunday 3 March to Thursday 28 March 2019 (Sunday to Thursday nights only). Detour via Russell, Collins and Queens Streets.
- Flinders Street eastbound will be closed between Swanston and Elizabeth Streets from 9pm - 5am, on Tuesday 5 March to Thursday 7 March, and Sunday 10 March to Thursday 21 March 2019. Detour via Queen, Collins and Russell street. Local access will be maintained.
- City of Melbourne will also be undertaking works on the corner of Flinders Street and Swanston Street/St Kilda Road (outside Flinders Street Station) from 11pm Saturday 2 March to 3am Tuesday 5 March inclusive. For further updates on these works visit City of Melbourne's website.
- Flinders Street eastbound will be closed between Elizabeth Street and Swanston Street from 9pm - 5am, February 2019. Detour via Queen, Collins and Russell with local access will be maintained.
Overnight Collins Street Lane Closure
- Collins Street westbound will be closed between Russell and Elizabeth Streets from 10pm to 5am on Tuesday 5 to Wednesday 6 March 2019. Detour via Russell, Little Collins and Elizabeth Street.
- Ongoing closure of the far-left turning lane on Flinders Street into St Kilda Road, adjacent to Federation Square for up to 4 years.
- Ongoing closure of the northern footpath on Flinders Lane between Swanston Street and Regent Place, with pedestrian diversion to the southern footpath.
- Ongoing closure of the southern footpath on Flinders Street adjacent to the Federation Square worksite, with pedestrian diversion through Federation Square.
- Temporary holding of traffic on Flinders Lane for up to 3 minutes periods to enable safe delivery of site equipment and materials.
- Intermittent closures of small sections of the pedestrian walk ways on Elizabeth, Swanston, Russell, Flinders and Collins streets, Flinders and Princes walks, Rainbow and Banana alleys, and Boathouse Drive to enable groundwater monitoring.
- Traffic management will be in place when required to safely guide pedestrians, cyclists, and vehicles around work areas.
- Access for residents and businesses will be maintained at all times.