Traffic changes around Town Hall Station
A four year lane closure is now in place on Flinders Street with one lane closed westbound between Russell and Swanston streets.
Drivers will still have one left-turning lane from Flinders Street towards St Kilda Road and one lane towards Elizabeth Street.
Motorists are encouraged to plan ahead and allow up to an extra 15 minutes if travelling through this stretch of Flinders Street.
Overnight Flinders Street lane closures
Flinders Street westbound lanes will be closed from 10pm to 5am on Wednesday 9 January, between Russell and Queen streets, and Tuesday 15 January, between Russell and Swanston streets. Detour via Russell and Collins streets. Additional westbound lane closures may be required. Further information will be released as available.
Please be advised that the City of Melbourne will also be undertaking works on Flinders Street on some nights between Wednesday 9 and Tuesday 15 January.
Flinders Street outer eastbound lane will be closed between Elizabeth Street and Russell Street from 10pm to 5am for up to three nights between Sunday 6 and Friday 11 January 2019. Detours will be in place and local access maintained.
Overnight Flinders Lane closures
Flinders Lane will be closed between Swanston and Elizabeth streets from 10pm to 5am on Sunday 6 to Wednesday 9 January 2019 for geotechnical well installation works. Detours will be in place and local access maintained.
Overnight Collins Street pedestrian footpath closures
The Collins Street southern footpath will be closed between Swanston Street and Regents Place from 10pm to 5am on Wednesday 9 January to Friday 11 January 2019.
Overnight Swanston Street pedestrian footpath closures
The Swanston Street western footpath will be closed between Young and Jackson Hotel and the Nicholas Building from 10pm to 5am on Tuesday 8 to Friday 25 January 2019, excluding Friday and Saturday nights. Pedestrians will be diverted to the eastern footpath.
- Ongoing closure of the far-left turning lane on Flinders Street into St Kilda Road, adjacent to Federation Square for up to 4 years.
- Ongoing closure of the northern footpath on Flinders Lane between Swanston Street and Regent Place, with pedestrian diversion to the southern footpath.
- Ongoing closure of the southern footpath on Flinders Street adjacent to the Federation Square worksite, with pedestrian diversion through Federation Square.
- Temporary holding of traffic on Flinders Lane for up to 3 minutes periods to enable safe delivery of site equipment and materials.
- Intermittent closures of small sections of the pedestrian walk ways on Elizabeth, Swanston, Russell, Flinders and Collins streets, Flinders and Princes walks, Rainbow and Banana alleys, and Boathouse Drive to enable groundwater monitoring.
- Traffic management will be in place when required to safely guide pedestrians, cyclists, and vehicles around work areas.
- Access for residents and businesses will be maintained at all times.