Traffic changes around Town Hall Station
Changes are in place to traffic conditions while construction of Town Hall Station is underway.
To allow for asphalting works, there will be overnight lane closures on Flinders Street, between Swanston and Russell streets from 10pm Wednesday 7 October to 5am Thursday 8 October.
Eastbound lanes on Flinders Street are closed between Elizabeth and Swanston streets for up to three years.
One lane is closed westbound between Russell and Swanston streets. One left-turning lane from Flinders Street towards St Kilda Road remains open.
The left turn for traffic travelling northbound on St Kilda Road into Flinders Street is closed. Vehicles can access the west of the CBD by using Kings Way, Southbank Boulevard and Russell Street.
- Long-term closure of the Flinders Street north-south pedestrian crossing between St Paul’s Cathedral and Federation Square (refer to map).
- A new pedestrian crossing has been constructed on Flinders Street adjacent to Hosier Lane and the Federation Square atrium (refer to map).
- Ongoing long-term closure of Flinders Street northern footpath adjacent to the Flinders Quarter site entrance
- Ongoing closure of the northern footpath on Flinders Lane between Swanston Street and Regent Place, with pedestrian diversion to the southern footpath.
- Ongoing closure of the southern footpath on Flinders Street adjacent to the Federation Square worksite, with pedestrian diversion through Federation Square.
- Intermittent closures of small sections of the pedestrian walk ways on Elizabeth, Swanston, Russell, Flinders and Collins streets, Flinders and Princes walks, Rainbow and Banana alleys, and Boathouse Drive to enable groundwater monitoring.