Changes to St Kilda Road
Changes have been made in preparation for major construction of the Metro Tunnel and new Anzac Station.
Significant changes to pedestrian, cyclist, public transport and vehicle movements have been made and will remain in the area for several years.
Major works in April 2018
Works to realign the traffic, tram and bicycle lanes took on St Kilda Road in April 2018.
These changes were required to establish our St Kilda Road work site and to divert trams and other traffic around the Anzac Station construction site.
St Kilda Road
- Reduced to one lane in each direction between Dorcas Street and Toorak Road West.
- Motorists using St Kilda Road should allow up to 15 minutes extra travel time to reach their destination.
- Alternative routes for St Kilda Road include Kings Way, Queens Road, Ferrars Street and Beaconsfield Parade.
- No access to Domain Road from St Kilda Road.
- No access to Bowen Lane from St Kilda Road.
- The former Domain Interchange is now closed and the replacement stop north of Park Street is active.
- The former Bowen Crescent tram stop has been removed.
- A new stop on Park Street replaces the stop previously located at the intersection of Kings Way and Park Street.