Traffic changes around Domain
Changes have been made in preparation for major construction of the Metro Tunnel and new Anzac Station.
Significant changes to pedestrian, cyclist, public transport and vehicle movements have been made and will remain in the area for several years.
Works to remove redundant tram poles in Park Street will lead to disruptions from May 12-14 2019.
- Access will be maintained for residents and businesses at all times on Park Street.
- Traffic controllers will be in place to temporarily stop and hold any traffic as required and assist pedestrians safely around work areas.
These works will be lead in two stages:
St Kilda Road
- Reduced to one lane in each direction between Dorcas Street and Toorak Road West.
- No access to Domain Road from St Kilda Road.
- No access to Bowen Lane from St Kilda Road.
- Access to the St Kilda Road northbound service lane outside 400 St Kilda Road is available for local traffic only.
- The St Kilda Road service lane in front of 400 and 390 St Kilda Road will remain closed until mid to late 2019
- The former Domain Interchange is now closed and the replacement stop north of Park Street is active.
- The former Bowen Crescent tram stop has been removed.
- A new stop on Park Street replaces the stop previously located at the intersection of Kings Way and Park Street.
Major works completed in April 2018
Works to realign the traffic, tram and bicycle lanes took place on St Kilda Road in April 2018.
These changes were required to establish our St Kilda Road work site and to divert trams and other traffic around the Anzac Station construction site.