HV Tower Construction
Works are underway to remove and relocate the existing high voltage (HV) transmission towers ahead of construction of the Metro Tunnel.
These towers need to be permanently relocated away from Childers Street to make way for the construction and operation of the western tunnel entrance.
Works to string new HV transmission lines and restring (transfer) existing HV transmission lines between towers has commenced and will occur in two stages:
- Ongoing stringing new transmission lines between permanent tower 33 on Hobsons Road and permanent tower 34, and from permanent tower 34 to permanent tower 35.
- Safely restringing the existing transmission lines from the temporary towers along Childers Street to permanent tower 33 and permanent tower 34.
More information about these works was presented at the community meeting with residents in April (PDF, 3.2 MB).
- HV Tower construction update - 16-22 July 2018 (PDF, 531.5 KB)
- HV Tower construction update - July 2018 (PDF, 561.6 KB)
- Kensington construction update - June 2018 (PDF, 1.7 MB)
- HV Tower construction update - May 2018 (PDF, 946.2 KB)
- HV Tower construction update - April 2018 (PDF, 754.8 KB)
- HV Tower construction update - Mid-February until late-March 2018 (PDF, 699.2 KB)
- HV Tower construction update - January (PDF, 3.5 MB)
High voltage transmission tower locations
Legacy high voltage transmission tower alignment