Changes to Grattan Street
Works in preparation for the new Parkville Station are underway with Grattan Street closed to traffic.
On 22 February 2018, Grattan Street (between Royal Parade and Leicester Street) and Barry Street (between Pelham Street and Grattan Street) closed to vehicles for up to five years.
There will also be no vehicle access from Grattan Street into Berkeley Street, although Berkeley Street will remain open at Pelham Street.
We encourage motorists, pedestrians and cyclists to take care when travelling around the area. Traffic controllers are out and about to assist pedestrians and cyclists as well as signage placed at various locations directing vehicles.
Please follow these instructions to ensure everyone’s safety. We will continue to monitor traffic flow and safety and make changes accordingly.
See the Transport changes in Parkville page for details.
City Ford site
- Equipment laydown area, truck parking and site sheds.
Grattan Street east of Royal Parade
- Grattan Street closed east of Royal Parade for vehicles.
Gate 10 - University of Melbourne
- Emergency and essential delivery vehicle access only.
- Pedestrian and cyclist access maintained.
Barry Street closure
- Closed to vehicles between Pelham and Grattan streets from 22 February 2018.
- Access for pedestrians only on the west side.
University Square car park
- Access maintained to Berkeley Street entrance via Pelham Street.
- Access maintained to Bouverie Street entrance via Pelham and Grattan Streets.
Berkeley Street closure
- Berkeley Street closed at Grattan Street from 22 February 2018.
- Vehicle access maintained via Pelham Street.
Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre car park
- Access maintained to Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre car park entrance via Flemington Road.
Royal Melbourne Hospital and Royal Women’s Hospital car parks
- Access maintained to car parks.