We know there are times where you may require additional assistance or would like to escalate your feedback to a complaint. We seek to handle all complaints as quickly and fairly as possible.
Internal dispute resolution
Complaints relating to the Metro Tunnel Project must first be submitted for Internal Dispute Resolution.
We will attempt to resolve the matter when you contact us via the Project Information Line or online. If your concern cannot be resolved quickly, it will be assigned to a case manager for further investigation. A response will be provided that is fair and honest.
If you are dissatisfied with the initial outcome you may request that the matter be referred to a senior manager for review. Call the Metro Tunnel Information Line and ask for the matter to be escalated. You will be advised in writing of the outcome of this review.
External dispute resolution
Where you remain dissatisfied with the IDR response you can refer the complaint to External Dispute Resolution.
The Public Transport Ombudsman (PTO) is an independent and external dispute resolution body. The PTO aim to provide cost free, independent resolutions to public transport complaints having regard to what is fair and reasonable for all parties, good industry practice and the law.
How we handle your complaint
- Step 1: You lodge your complaint via any of the Internal Dispute Resolution channels below. Clearly identify your issue and the outcomes you are seeking.
- Step 2: We investigate and respond to you as quickly as possible.
- Step 3: If you are not satisfied with our response, a senior manager can review your escalated complaint.
- Step 4: If you are still not satisfied with the response from Rail Projects Victoria, you can contact the Public Transport Ombudsman via any of the External Dispute Resolution channels below.
Ways to make a complaint (Internal dispute resolution)
- Fill out our online feedback form
- Call the Metro Tunnel Information Line (24/7) on 1800 105 105
- Call our interpreter service on (03) 9280 0700
- National Relay Service: TTY users phone 1800 555 630 then ask for 1800 105 105
- Write to us at: GPO Box 4509, Melbourne, VIC 3001
Ways to make a complaint (External dispute resolution)
The Public Transport Ombudsman (PTO) is an independent and external dispute resolution body in which Rail Projects Victoria (RPV) is a member. The PTO aim is to provide cost free, independent resolutions to public transport complaints having regard to what is fair and reasonable for parties, good industry practice and the law.
The PTO handles complaints about public transport related issues such as:
- the use of land and premises by members
- service delivery issues such as cancellations, reliability, punctuality and overcrowding
- ticketing issues, for example tickets,cards, accounts and ticket machines
- the condition, accessibility or comfort of public transport infrastructure and rolling stock. Examples include stations,station ramps, myki equipment, lifts, stairs, stops, train carriages, trams,buses, signs and passenger information notices.
- the conduct of employees (including authorised officers), agents or contractors engaged in activities related to the provision of public transport passenger services (including customer information and complaint handling service).
Lodge a complaint with the Public Transport Ombudsman
If you are dissatisfied with our handling or your complaint the PTO may be able to provide its services to assist in the resolution of the matter.
- Free Call: 1800 466 865
- National Relay Service: TTY users phone 1800 555 630 then ask for 1800 466 865
- Interpreter Service: 131 450
- Online http://ptovic.com.au
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: PO Box 538 Collins Street West, Melbourne VIC 8007
- Fax: 03 8623 2100