Community Terms and Conditions
Community Bookings Terms & Conditions March 2021
Group bookings at Metro Tunnel HQ are offered free of charge.
Metro Tunnel HQ has safety and emergency management systems in place, and maintains insurances through the Victorian Managed Insurance Authority.
Confirming your reservation
Once you have submitted your group booking enquiry, a representative from the visitor centre will be in touch to further clarify your needs and identify availability. If we can accommodate your request, a booking will be generated, which you need to confirm for it to be valid.
- To confirm your booking, you agree with the Terms and Conditions and Privacy agreement.
- Upon confirmation, you will receive notification from Metro Tunnel HQ.
- If you fail to confirm your booking by the due date, Metro Tunnel HQ will release the booking for other groups.
- Metro Tunnel HQ reserves the right to modify your group's program in response to extreme weather conditions. In particular, high temperatures, wet or stormy weather may impact the opportunity to take a walk to view the Town Hall Station construction site. In this eventuality staff will make every effort substitute with alternative activities.
Amending your reservation
Please advise Metro Tunnel HQ in writing of any changes to your booking, including:
- Changes in the number of attendees: we can accommodate up to 30 at a time in the centre but like to know exactly how many will attend so that we can prepare materials.
**These numbers may alter depending on the latest COVID safe restrictions
- Changes to start time: we will attempt to accommodate your request but please be aware that we may have to shorten or cancel your activity if a change to start time will impact staff availability or another visitor centre booking.
- The group is responsible for supervising all members.
- The group must ensure that all members, comply with any lawful and reasonable direction given by a Metro Tunnel HQ team member or representative while at the visitor centre premises.
- The group indemnifies Rail Projects Victoria against all loss, damage and costs incurred, sustained or suffered by Rail Projects Victoria arising out of or in connection with or as a consequence, whether directly or indirectly, the entry or presence of the group at Metro Tunnel HQ premises or any failure by the group to comply with these groups’ requirements*
The Health and safety of Metro Tunnel HQ visitors and our staff is of the utmost importance to Rail Projects Victoria. We therefore have a full COVID safety plan in place, which all staff have been trained in. As visitors to our centre we request that you
1. Ensure physical distancing
2. Wear a face covering if over12 years of age
3. Practise good hygiene
4. Check-in with the QR code at the entrance
Your groups’s attendance will be recorded on our booking system with the time and date that you attend, as well as the presenters you interacted with. Attending members must check in with the QR code provided at the visitor centre - This is your COVID check-in on the day for contact tracing if necessary.
We request that you reschedule your booking if:
- You, anyone from the group or a close family member feel unwell and have flu-like symptoms
- – You, anyone from the group or a close family member have travelled overseas or been in contact with people who have returned from overseas in the past 14 days
- – You, anyone from the group or a close family member have been in contact with anyone who has (or is suspected to have) coronavirus or
- – Your group anyone from the group has been closed due to a coronavirus related reason.
We will reschedule your booking if:
- Your presenter or a close family member feels unwell or has flu-like symptoms
- – Your presenter or a close family member has travelled overseas or been in contact with people who have returned from overseas in the past 14 days
- – Your presenter or a close family member has been in contact with anyone who has (or is suspected to have) coronavirus or
- – Our site has been closed due to a coronavirus related reason.
If any of the above occurs, we will endeavour to find an alternative presenter. Please be aware that this might not always be possible, and your booking may be rescheduled at short notice, despite our best efforts.
*A certificate of currency of Metro Tunnel HQ’s public liability insurance may be provided upon request.