School booking terms and conditions
School bookings at Metro Tunnel HQ are offered free of charge.
Confirming your reservation
- Once you have submitted your online school booking enquiry, a representative from the visitor centre will be in touch to further clarify your needs and identify availability. If we can accommodate your booking, we will send you the Schools Booking Reservation Form (“Reservation Form”) with your reservation details.
- This Reservation Form must be signed by the Principal of your school and returned by the date specified on the form (“Due Date”).
- Upon receipt of the signed Reservation Form, Metro Tunnel HQ will confirm your reservation.
- If you fail to return a signed copy of the Reservation Form by the due date, Metro Tunnel HQ will release the booking for other schools.
- Metro Tunnel HQ reserves the right to modify your group's program in response to extreme weather conditions. In particular, high temperatures, wet or stormy weather may impact the opportunity to take a walk to view the Town Hall Station construction site. In this eventuality staff will make every effort substitute with alternative activities.
Amending your reservation
- Please advise Metro Tunnel HQ in writing of any changes to your booking, including:
- Changes in the number of students attending: we can accommodate up to 30 students at a time in the centre but like to know exactly how many will attend so that we can prepare activity sheets and materials.
- Changes to start time: we will attempt to accommodate your request but please be aware that we may have to shorten or cancel your activity if a change to start time will impact staff availability or another visitor centre booking.
- The school is responsible for supervising all members of the school group and for providing the required number of teachers and/or authorised supervising adults to accompany the group. We recommend teachers and supervisors accompany students at a ratio of 1:10 for primary groups and 1:15 for secondary groups.
- The school must ensure that all members of the school group, including teachers and authorised supervising adults, comply with any lawful and reasonable direction given by a Metro Tunnel HQ team member or representative while at the visitor centre premises.
- The school warrants that all teachers and authorised supervising adults hold Working with Children Checks and other such checks as required by law to prove the suitability of a person to work with children and young people.
- The school indemnifies Metro Tunnel HQ against all loss, damage and costs incurred, sustained or suffered by Metro Tunnel HQ arising out of or in connection with or as a consequence, whether directly or indirectly, the entry or presence of the school group at Metro Tunnel HQ premises or any failure by the school to comply with these schools’ requirements*.
*A certificate of currency of Metro Tunnel HQ’s public liability insurance may be provided upon request.