Kings Way and Queens Road
As the major arterial route in the precinct, Kings Way and Queens Road was identified as the primary diversion route during construction of the new Anzac Station.
To ensure Kings Way and Queens Road can cater for the predicted increase in traffic, it is essential that changes are made to the road to improve the efficiency of the network.
A number of intersections along Kings Way have been upgraded to improve the traffic flow, efficiency and the safety of the network for vehicles, cyclists and pedestrians.
Key changes included:
- Traffic signal remodeling
- Kerb works
- Removal of right turn movements on some intersections
- Water blasting existing line markings and installation of new line markings
- Installation of new street lights
- Installing new traffic directional signage at various locations along Kings Way to assist with driver decision making.
A number of changes are also planned to be implemented along Queens Road. These changes are expected to be completed by mid 2019
Key changes will include:
- Dynamic Lane Control to allow Queens Road to run more flexibly compared to the current fixed time of day for two/three lane operation
- Traffic signal remodeling.