Mernda Line, Epping to Mernda
Coronavirus and Victoria’s Big Build
Work is continuing safely on the Metro Tunnel Project as part of Victoria's Big Build. The health and safety of our workforce and community remains our top priority. COVIDsafe Plans are in place on all project sites across Victoria. Learn more.
Temporary night time closures – February to April 2021
Out of hours works have been scheduled intermittently on the Mernda line throughout February, March and April to allow the Metro Tunnel Project to continue to conduct critical testing of High Capacity Signalling technology.
Night time closures will occur on the following dates:
- Monday 1 February to Friday 5 February
- Monday 8 February to Friday 12 February
- Monday 15 February to Friday 19 February
- Monday 22 February to Friday 26 February
- Monday 8 March to Friday 12 March
- Monday 22 March to Friday 26 March
- Monday 12 April to Friday 16 April
- Sunday 18 April to Friday 23 April.
Buses will replaces trains from 8.50pm until the last train service on parts of the Mernda line between 1 February to 30 April 2021.
To plan your journey visit Public Transport Victoria.