We know there are times where you may require additional assistance or would like to escalate your feedback to a complaint. We seek to handle all complaints as quickly and fairly as possible.
Complaints relating to Rail Projects Victoria must first be submitted for internal dispute resolution (IDR). We will attempt to resolve the matter when you contact us via the Major Transport Infrastructure Authority (MTIA) Information Line (1800 105 105), or online via the Metro Tunnel or Regional Rail Revival websites. If your concern cannot be resolved quickly, it will be assigned to a case manager for further investigation. A response will be provided that is fair and honest.
If you are still dissatisfied with the initial outcome you may:
- request that the matter be referred to a senior manager for review by calling the MTIA Information Line (1800 105 105) and asking for the matter to be escalated. You will be advised in writing of the outcome of this review. If you are still not satisfied with the response after this senior manager review, you can lodge your complaint for external dispute resolution with the Public Transport Ombudsman (PTO).
- refer the complaint for external dispute resolution with the Public Transport Ombudsman (PTO).
The Public Transport Ombudsman (PTO) is an independent office that investigates public transport complaints. The PTO provides fair, free and fast resolutions to public transport disputes and works with its members on systemic complaints to help improve the public transport system in Victoria.
The PTO handles complaints about public transport related issues such as:
* service delivery issues such as cancellations, reliability, punctuality and overcrowding
* myki and ticketing issues
* the use of land and premises by operators, including issues such as noise and dust emanating from public transport construction sites
* the condition and accessibility of public transport infrastructure and rolling stock. Examples include stations, station ramps, myki equipment, lifts, stairs, stops, train carriages, trams, buses, signs and passenger information notices
* the conduct of staff, including Authorised Officers and complaint handling staff.
How we handle your complaint
- Step 1: You lodge your complaint via any of the IDR channels listed below. Clearly identify your issue and the outcomes you are seeking.
- Step 2: We investigate and respond to you as quickly as possible.
- Step 3: If you are not satisfied with our response, you can request a senior manager to review your escalated complaint, or you can contact the Public Transport Ombudsman and lodge your complaint via any of the PTO channels listed below.
- Step 4: If you have requested a review by a senior manager and are still not satisfied with the response, you can contact the Public Transport Ombudsman and lodge your complaint via any of the PTO channels listed below.
How to refer a complaint for internal dispute resolution (IDR)
- Fill out our online feedback form
- Call the MTIA Information Line (24/7) on 1800 105 105.
- Call our interpreter service on (03) 9209 0147
- National Relay Service: TTY users phone 1800 555 677 then ask for 1800 105 105
- Write to us at: GPO Box 4509, Melbourne, VIC 3001.
How to lodge your complaint with the Public Transport Ombudsman (PTO)
- Free Call: 1800 466 865
- National Relay Service: TTY users phone 1800 555 677 then ask for 1800 466 865
- Interpreter Service: 131 450
- Online: https://ptovic.com.au
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: PO Box 538 Collins Street West, Melbourne VIC 8007
- Fax: 03 8623 2100
Download this Complaints Accessibility Statement (PDF, 58.6 KB).