All four of our tunnel boring machines are launched and tunnelling. Track their progress.
First Parkville breakthrough for TBM Joan
Red TBM Joan has broken through into the station box at Parkville, completing the second leg of her journey.
Slowing the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19)
We are doing our part to help reduce the risk of infection and slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the Victorian community.
The Metro Tunnel's legacy and temporary creative programs
Learn more about the extensive arts program operated by the Metro Tunnel Project.
Works in your area
Coronavirus Stage 4 restrictions are changing the way we communicate our project works and disruptions. Our distribution partners are unable to deliver project information to your letterbox during this time. To make sure you stay informed, subscribe to receive works updates by email.
Metro Tunnel Project disruptions include:
- From 3 June - long-term traffic and pedestrian changes around Flinders Street
- 27 July to 31 October - daytime eastbound lane closure on La Trobe Street between Elizabeth and Swanston streets
- 24 August to 25 September - buses replace trains at times on parts of the Mernda line
- 21 September to mid-November - overnight road closures on St Kilda Road
- 22 September - daytime northbound closure on St Kilda Road between Kings Way and Albert Road
- 7 to 11 November - buses replace trains on parts of the Werribee and Williamstown line
- 7 to 15 November - coaches replace trains on parts of the Ballarat Line on weekends
- 7 to 15 November - buses replace trains on parts of the Geelong Line on weekends
- 7 to 21 November - coaches replace trains on the Bendigo Line between Southern Cross and Bendigo stations
For a full list of major transport works and spring disruptions, visit Victoria’s Big Build.