Rail Infrastructure Early Works
The Rail Infrastructure Alliance (RIA) plan has been approved to guide the delivery of early works for the tunnel entrances.
The RIA is building the tunnel entrances in Kensington and South Yarra, including cut and cover tunnelling, decline structures and the reconfiguration and realignment of existing tracks to connect the new Metro Tunnel to the existing rail network.
A range of early works were undertaken to prepare the area for construction.
The RIA Early Works Plan includes information about:
- utility relocation
- site preparation and associated construction activities
- demolition works
- tree removal
- changes to the local road network and parking.
Read the summary of the feedback (PDF, 566.4 KB) received as part of our community consultation to support the RIA Early Works plan development. This feedback was incorporated into an updated version submitted and approved by the Minister for Planning.
View the Early Works Plan
- RIA Early Works Plan (PDF, 1.7 MB)
- Appendix A Eastern Portal - Service relocation (PDF, 3.0 MB)
- Appendix A Eastern Portal - Site map (PDF, 2.5 MB)
- Appendix A Eastern Portal - Traffic (PDF, 2.8 MB)
- Appendix A Eastern Portal - Tree removal (PDF, 2.6 MB)
- Appendix C Western Portal - Site works 1 (PDF, 2.7 MB)
- Appendix C Western Portal - Site works 2 (PDF, 2.3 MB)
- Appendix C Western Portal - Site works 3 (PDF, 2.4 MB)
- Appendix C Western Portal - Tree removal (PDF, 2.4 MB)