Tunnels And Stations Planning Scheme Amendment (GC82)
A Planning Scheme Amendment was required following changes to the design and construction of the Metro Tunnel.
Cross Yarra Partnership, the appointed tunnels and stations contractor, identified refinements which will improve accessibility, reduce construction impacts and provide better outcomes for the delivery and operation of the Metro Tunnel.
Changes were also required to the Design and Development Overlay to incorporate the design refinements to protect the tunnels and stations from future nearby developments.
The Planning Scheme Amendment (GC82) was approved and published in the Government Gazette on 26 June 2018.
Visit the Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning website to view details of the approved Planning Scheme Amendment GC82 (external link). You can view Gazette S302 (2018) on the Victorian Government Gazette website (external link).
The technical assessments and maps that supported Amendment GC82 are provided below to further explain the changes that have been implemented.
- Project Description (PDF, 4.2 MB)
- Environmental Risk Assessment (PDF, 4.4 MB)
- Land Use and Planning Impact Assessment (PDF, 11.1 MB)
- Historic Heritage Impact Assessment (PDF, 4.7 MB)
- Business and Social Impact Assessment (PDF, 4.4 MB)
- Ground Movement Impact Assessment (Town Hall and St. Paul's) (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment (PDF, 7.4 MB)
- Future Development Loading Report (PDF, 5.8 MB)
- Project changes at 2-2A Chambers St, South Yarra (PDF, 740.0 KB)
- DDO comparison maps (PDF, 5.9 MB)
- Project Land Map (showing changes) (PDF, 2.6 MB)