Rail Infrastructure Early Works
A plan has been approved that will guide the delivery of early works for the tunnel entrances.
The Rail Infrastructure Alliance (RIA) will build the tunnel entrances in Kensington and South Yarra, including cut and cover tunnelling, decline structures and the reconfiguration and realignment of existing lines to connect the new Metro Tunnel to the existing rail network.
Before these works begin, a range of early works are required by the appointed RIA contractor to prepare the area for construction.
The RIA Early Works Plan includes information about:
- utility relocation
- site preparation and associated construction activities
- demolition works
- tree removal
- changes to the local road network and parking.
Feedback on a draft plan was incorporated into an updated version submitted and approved by the Minister for Planning.
View the Early Works Plan
- RIA Early Works Plan (PDF, 3.1 MB)
- Appendix A Eastern Portal - Service relocation (PDF, 3.0 MB)
- Appendix A Eastern Portal - Site works (PDF, 2.5 MB)
- Appendix A Eastern Portal - Traffic (PDF, 2.8 MB)
- Appendix A Eastern Portal - Tree removal (PDF, 2.6 MB)
- Appendix C Western Portal - Site works 1 (PDF, 2.7 MB)
- Appendix C Western Portal - Site works 2 (PDF, 2.3 MB)
- Appendix C Western Portal - Site works 3 (PDF, 2.4 MB)
- Appendix C Western Portal - Tree removal (PDF, 2.4 MB)