The $2.1 billion Sunbury Line Upgrade will see various upgrades within the rail corridor extending from Sunbury to Footscray.
- power upgrades between Sunbury and the Metro Tunnel entrance near South Kensington station
- platform extensions at ten stations between Sunbury and Footscray
- installation of wheelchair boarding platforms at eight stations
- train stabling upgrades at Sunbury, Calder Park and Watergardens.
Sunbury Line Upgrade was funded in the Victorian Budget. Works are anticipated to begin in 2019 and the project is scheduled for completion by the end of 2023.
Download work notifications
- Sunbury Line works - August 2019 notification (PDF, 284.5 KB)
- Sunshine Station works notification - September October 2019
(PDF, 110.1 KB).
- Albion Station works notification - September 2019 (PDF, 700.6 KB).
- Sydenham works notification September 2019
(PDF, 627.6 KB).
- Calder Park works notification, September 2019
(PDF, 366.5 KB).
Stay updated about the progress of the project by registering for email updates.